Skip to main content

Day 8: Brownie-Covered Oreos

Today's cookie recipe has two ingredients. Yup, just two! Brownie mix and a package of Oreos. So simple that my Business Man could make them!



I saw this recipe over at Picky-Palate, and immediately had to try it. I love incorporating Oreos into my baked goods. We even had Oreo Cupcakes at our wedding! And who could forget about Oreo Truffles? (Also known as Snowman Poop in my circle of friends...)

After tasting them, I must say these are divine! And so simple. Perfect for the chocoholic in your life. (aka me!) The cookie gets a little soft inside the brownie, and it's just a chocolate explosion in your mouth! You will want to have a glass of milk handy.
Just have to show off our tree some more!

First things first, mix up your brownie mix. If you want a lot of Brownie-covered Oreos, use a large brownie mix. If you don't need as many, use a smaller brownie mix. My favorite brownie mix is Ghiradelli, but it can be kinda pricey. Usually I just buy what's on sale.

[Side note: The last two times I have made brownies, from a mix, I have totally ruined them.  I know, I know. How could that be? Sara, the queen of all things baking-related, ruin brownies? Yup, twice. My Business Man can testify. What is the world coming to?]

In the meantime, heat your oven to 350*F, and spray a couple muffin tins very generously with cooking spray.

One your brownie batter is all mixed-up, coat each side of the Oreo with the brownie batter. (Just like you would dip pretzels in chocolate, or coat something in a batter to be deep-fried. Mmm... deep-fried Oreos. Anyone ever had those?)

Place the brownie batter-covered Oreos inside the well-greased muffin tin. Bake 12-15 minutes, just until baked through. Immediately upon removing from oven, run a knife along the edges to loosen the sides. (Otherwise, it will stick horribly.)

After cooling for a few minutes, remove from the pans. Drizzle with white chocolate, if you so desire. I also used some Christmas sprinkles! 'Tis the season!
Inside shot!

These would be super-cute with the "Holiday" Oreos. Red and green inside! I also was pondering the thought of the Mint Oreos... that would be delectable as well. 

**********************************************************************************
In other news, I did my 5-minute ab routine yesterday for the first time in awhile. And by 'awhile', I really mean 6 months. I'm only just a little sore today!

We also had our first indoor track conditioning practice today. I am helping out with indoor track at my school, as well as outdoor track. Unfortunately, most of the distance runners are in swim season, so they aren't able to come to conditioning. At least they're getting some good cross training!

So, today I ran some '800' meter repeats with the four distance guys who actually can come to conditioning. I say put '800' in quotes, because we run the halls of the school, including up and down flights of stairs, so who really knows how far it is? All I know is they whooped my bootie on the first one, but by the last rep, they were all fadin' fast. They just don't quite have the endurance yet. It will come.

We ended practice with a fartlek of sorts, on the staircase. Oh joy. 1-minute hard of powering up the stairs as fast as possible, followed by a 1-minute break. Times 3. Yes, only 3 sets, but believe me, it was exhausting! Stairs are a whole separate beast than running.

Now I'm off to do my second day in a row of 5-minute abs. And then reward myself with a few Brownie-Covered Oreos... good thing my Business Man's taking them to work tomorrow!


Comments

Me said…
we also tried making these and they were really good, but for some reason we had a hard time melting the white chocolate chips. When we tried in the microwave they started to melt but then just got really hard and then burnt...so then we tried to double-boil but they didn't get melty enough to drizzle and we just spread it on like frosting. Double oye! that's why I don't bake.
Sara said…
White chocolate can be fickle! If you do it in the microwave, you need to do at 50% power for 30 seconds, then stir, then repeat until it's melted.

But you nailed the baking part! You just need to work on the garnishing... haha.

I miss you!! We should try to get together over Christmas?!
Me said…
I would be all for that, but I'm not sure if we are going to Washington at all :(. We'll be there this weekend to do Christmas with my family, but as for the Christmas break we are going to the Bahamas with Matt's family from the 23rd to the 30th. I miss you too! Happy baking!
Sara said…
Whoa dude!! The Bahamas?? That sounds great... have fun!
Sara said…
Whoa dude!! The Bahamas?? That sounds great... have fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Off the Press... [Chicken Bacon Bleu Panini]

So I totally forgot to post a panini recipe last Thursday... whoops. I'm sure you were all waiting with bated breath and were very  disappointed. Well, never fear, because I've got a fabulous panini recipe tonight! Tangy bleu cheese and salty bacon come together to form a delectable sandwich. It comes from the panini cookbook I received for Christmas, 200 Best Panini Recipes  (thanks Mom!) . The  Chicken Bacon Bleu panini :   grilled chicken, crisp bacon, and bleu cheese on sourdough with a spread of barbecue sauce and sliced red onion. I had never thought of putting bleu cheese on a panini before I saw this recipe. I feared there wouldn't be enough ooey gooey cheese! But bleu cheese actually melts pretty nicely. It's no Velveeta, but it added a great tang to the sandwich.  First, spread the bottom piece of bread with a bit of barbecue sauce, and top with some grilled chicken. I actually used my panini press to grill my chicken for the first time, and it wa

The Arrival of Something New...

Woo hoo for the last Friday of the school year! And only one more day of school next week. (And then a couple teacher workshops...) Another reason to be excited? Our fridge came today!! Isn't she a beauty? It is so nice to have a fridge again. You don't realize how much you miss a full-size refrigerator until you go a couple weeks without it. A bit bare... but that can be solved easily. Bottom-drawer freezer, containing the essentials: moose tracks & Diet Dew trying to get cold asap. Anyways, I'm just popping in to share my beautiful new appliance. The baking monster has taken over, and I'm in the midst of making 150 cupcakes for a graduation party tomorrow.  First big baking project in the new kitchen! I'm loving all the counter space. Mmm... chocolate buttercream! Making good use of the baking nook! :) Adios!

Boston Marathon, week #3

Last week was a great week for training - lots of easy runs, a V02-max workout, and my first long run that actually felt 'long'.  The goal was to get in 50-55 miles, and I ended up with 56ish, so right on target. Saturday's long run was glorious ! Temps in the 50's in January (!) makes me a very happy runner. I headed out for 16-17 miles and ended up with almost 18. And I remembered to bring fuel!  I tried out the blueberry-pomegranate Gu chomps, and they weren't my favorite. I ate one every 2 miles once I hit the 8-mile mark and they left a strange aftertaste. Pretty much as soon as the aftertaste went away, it would be time to eat one again. I'm thinking I will try something else next time.  This was the week of the 8's... what a monotonous bar graph. I'll try better next week to make it a little more exciting. Weekly Rundown 1.7.2013-1.13.2013 Mon - 8.2 miles easy Tues - 8.3 miles easy Wed - 4x1200m @ 4:29 (4:32, 4:31, 4:31, 4:34);