Skip to main content

Day 15: Oreo Cheesecake Cookies

Well, I knew it would happen eventually. I've had fourteen days of delicious, delectable cookies. I knew that at some point, I would make a cookie that I just didn't like (very much.) Sadly, that day happened to be today, day 15.






These cookies had such high hopes! And it wasn't that they were awful, not at all. Very, very sweet. I still managed to eat a few. But the title screams OREOS! CHEESECAKE! Well, they're wasn't much of either of those flavors. Don't get me wrong, they were decent cookies, just not what I imagined when I hear Oreo Cheesecake Cookies.


I found the recipe here, on TastyKitchen. I followed it exactly, so I'm not going to type up the recipe. If you try these and like them, let me know! Maybe I did something wrong or left out an ingredient.




Moving on...


We've got exciting news in the Bean Town! My Business Man signed his permanent contract tonight! After a year of agency, his company has offered to let him be an agent forever! (If he so wishes.) This means he can never get fired... well not very easily at least. :-P


To celebrate, we went out to dinner with a couple of his supervisors at a local restaurant, Burgundy's. I had the best pasta, a penne pasta with sun-dried tomatoes, chicken, mushrooms in a tomato-cream sauce. Topped with cheese/breadcrumbs and baked in the oven. Yum yum...


And a random thought... has anyone ever eaten creme brulee? I have never had it before, but my Business Man ordered it tonight for dessert. And I stole a few bites. (Who wouldn't?)


And to me, it just tasted like regular old vanilla pudding. It wasn't even warm. But I don't even know if creme brulee is supposed to be warm? I think this weekend I will be researching and testing some creme brulee recipes, because I'm sure it has to be good. 


Anyways, that's all for now! 2 more school days til some freedom! Wahooo!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love creme brulee..usually it is not completely cold but not warm either... the next time you are in Peoria if you have time you and your business man and family should go to 309( its in Junction City) We went there for my birthday and they have a really good orange creme brulee( and many other yummy deserts too)!

Erika M.

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Off the Press... [Chicken Bacon Bleu Panini]

So I totally forgot to post a panini recipe last Thursday... whoops. I'm sure you were all waiting with bated breath and were very  disappointed. Well, never fear, because I've got a fabulous panini recipe tonight! Tangy bleu cheese and salty bacon come together to form a delectable sandwich. It comes from the panini cookbook I received for Christmas, 200 Best Panini Recipes  (thanks Mom!) . The  Chicken Bacon Bleu panini :   grilled chicken, crisp bacon, and bleu cheese on sourdough with a spread of barbecue sauce and sliced red onion. I had never thought of putting bleu cheese on a panini before I saw this recipe. I feared there wouldn't be enough ooey gooey cheese! But bleu cheese actually melts pretty nicely. It's no Velveeta, but it added a great tang to the sandwich.  First, spread the bottom piece of bread with a bit of barbecue sauce, and top with some grilled chicken. I actually used my panini press to grill my chicken for the first time, and it wa

The Arrival of Something New...

Woo hoo for the last Friday of the school year! And only one more day of school next week. (And then a couple teacher workshops...) Another reason to be excited? Our fridge came today!! Isn't she a beauty? It is so nice to have a fridge again. You don't realize how much you miss a full-size refrigerator until you go a couple weeks without it. A bit bare... but that can be solved easily. Bottom-drawer freezer, containing the essentials: moose tracks & Diet Dew trying to get cold asap. Anyways, I'm just popping in to share my beautiful new appliance. The baking monster has taken over, and I'm in the midst of making 150 cupcakes for a graduation party tomorrow.  First big baking project in the new kitchen! I'm loving all the counter space. Mmm... chocolate buttercream! Making good use of the baking nook! :) Adios!

Boston Marathon, week #3

Last week was a great week for training - lots of easy runs, a V02-max workout, and my first long run that actually felt 'long'.  The goal was to get in 50-55 miles, and I ended up with 56ish, so right on target. Saturday's long run was glorious ! Temps in the 50's in January (!) makes me a very happy runner. I headed out for 16-17 miles and ended up with almost 18. And I remembered to bring fuel!  I tried out the blueberry-pomegranate Gu chomps, and they weren't my favorite. I ate one every 2 miles once I hit the 8-mile mark and they left a strange aftertaste. Pretty much as soon as the aftertaste went away, it would be time to eat one again. I'm thinking I will try something else next time.  This was the week of the 8's... what a monotonous bar graph. I'll try better next week to make it a little more exciting. Weekly Rundown 1.7.2013-1.13.2013 Mon - 8.2 miles easy Tues - 8.3 miles easy Wed - 4x1200m @ 4:29 (4:32, 4:31, 4:31, 4:34);