Skip to main content

A Night Out on the Town

My Business Man and I decided to welcome the weekend a bit early with a date night tonight. We really know how to live it up.


I even changed out of my sweatpants to go to dinner.


We ate here: 


Because we had one of these:


I wouldn't try to print this one and use it. It expired in 2009. Almost 2 years ago. They might catch on. And accuse you of coupon fraud. Did you know you can go to jail for that? Read about it here.



The thing I love most about Ruby Tuesday's is the salad bar. Yum-o! So many delicious options. And such a plethora of fresh veggies that we don't normally have at home. 




Oh, and the croutons. I love their croutons. Can you tell by my salad?


I also had some chicken quesadillas which were super cheesy. My Business Man was embarrassed that I took a picture of my salad so I decided spare him the torture of my mad photography skills in public places for the rest of dinner time. Never fear, I was able to break the camera back out later in the evening.


I made sure to get my drink in a to-go cup to make sure I got my money's worth. Right, Susan??


After dinner, we debated a trip to Hobby Lobby to see if the Easter sprinkles were on sale. I then made the executive decision to wait until Easter is closer because then they will probably be 75% off instead of just 50% off. I just love Hobby Lobby. Especially the cake decorating and candy-making aisle. It just makes my heart flutter.


This is my favorite type of sprinkle to buy. They usually come out for each holiday, and the nice little holder has 6(!) different kinds of sprinkles! It is like pure happiness captured inside a small plastic container.


Since Hobby Lobby was a no-go, we traveled to not one, but two Rite Aids, hunting down some deals! (The Bean Town has 5 Rite Aids. It could have been a lot worse.)






This week I was on the hunt for some almost free Easter candy and a good deal on body wash, TP, and paper towels.




Success! All this for just around $14. The candy I will use next week in my classes to bribe encourage my students to think math is fun. Except for those Reese's eggs... those are all mine.


It takes a bit of time to get coupons together, but the savings are wonderful! It probably took me about 20-25 minutes to get the coupons ready for tonight's purchases. That included watching several thrilling advertisement videos at Riteaid's website to earn extra coupons. Here's what the magic looks like:


There is some semblance of organization, I promise.


We finished up our super ritzy date night with a drive around a few of our favorite neighborhoods, checking out all the pretty houses... Just dreamin' what our lives will be someday.


Let's just say we know how to live it up on the cheap. Just wait 'til Saturday. Sam's Club is having their "Taste of Spring" Open House. I'm thinking... that'll be lunch and our afternoon entertainment. Anyone want to join? 


And now I am back in my sweatpants, getting ready to find myself some dessert. Life is good.

Comments

Unknown said…
My evening consisted largely of coupons as well! I am determined to start successfully couponing as I normally will have tons of coupons and let them expire, forget about them, and never use them then spend a fortune.

Someone call Extreme Couponing...I'm ready for my close up.
Stephanie F said…
Hobby. Lobby. Love it... that's where I got a TON of my wedding decorations. They have wedding stuff 50% off like every other week. Your date night sounds like one of ours!
Running Girl said…
You're hilarious. And I'm a bit of a coupon afficianado myself. Love Rite Aid!
Sara said…
Blane-- it's pretty easy to be efficient once you get the hang of it! My favorite site is http://www.bargainstobounty.com/ for the Meijer match-ups... that's where we buy most of our groceries. A lot of sites can be super-helpful!

theAlmostRunner-- I know! I spent a couple hours a week at Hobby Lobby when I was planning my wedding... it was so much fun.

Running Girl-- Rite Aid is awesome! We didn't have Rite Aid where I grew up, so I'm loving it now.
I love those sprinkles! My hubs gets a little embarrassed by the excessive picture taking at restaurants too!
:)
Natalie and Lee said…
Just found your blog.... I am also trying this coupon thing... It takes time, but it is worth it after to check-out!! Loving your blog:)

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Off the Press... [Chicken Bacon Bleu Panini]

So I totally forgot to post a panini recipe last Thursday... whoops. I'm sure you were all waiting with bated breath and were very  disappointed. Well, never fear, because I've got a fabulous panini recipe tonight! Tangy bleu cheese and salty bacon come together to form a delectable sandwich. It comes from the panini cookbook I received for Christmas, 200 Best Panini Recipes  (thanks Mom!) . The  Chicken Bacon Bleu panini :   grilled chicken, crisp bacon, and bleu cheese on sourdough with a spread of barbecue sauce and sliced red onion. I had never thought of putting bleu cheese on a panini before I saw this recipe. I feared there wouldn't be enough ooey gooey cheese! But bleu cheese actually melts pretty nicely. It's no Velveeta, but it added a great tang to the sandwich.  First, spread the bottom piece of bread with a bit of barbecue sauce, and top with some grilled chicken. I actually used my panini press to grill my chicken for the first time, and it wa

The Arrival of Something New...

Woo hoo for the last Friday of the school year! And only one more day of school next week. (And then a couple teacher workshops...) Another reason to be excited? Our fridge came today!! Isn't she a beauty? It is so nice to have a fridge again. You don't realize how much you miss a full-size refrigerator until you go a couple weeks without it. A bit bare... but that can be solved easily. Bottom-drawer freezer, containing the essentials: moose tracks & Diet Dew trying to get cold asap. Anyways, I'm just popping in to share my beautiful new appliance. The baking monster has taken over, and I'm in the midst of making 150 cupcakes for a graduation party tomorrow.  First big baking project in the new kitchen! I'm loving all the counter space. Mmm... chocolate buttercream! Making good use of the baking nook! :) Adios!

Boston Marathon, week #3

Last week was a great week for training - lots of easy runs, a V02-max workout, and my first long run that actually felt 'long'.  The goal was to get in 50-55 miles, and I ended up with 56ish, so right on target. Saturday's long run was glorious ! Temps in the 50's in January (!) makes me a very happy runner. I headed out for 16-17 miles and ended up with almost 18. And I remembered to bring fuel!  I tried out the blueberry-pomegranate Gu chomps, and they weren't my favorite. I ate one every 2 miles once I hit the 8-mile mark and they left a strange aftertaste. Pretty much as soon as the aftertaste went away, it would be time to eat one again. I'm thinking I will try something else next time.  This was the week of the 8's... what a monotonous bar graph. I'll try better next week to make it a little more exciting. Weekly Rundown 1.7.2013-1.13.2013 Mon - 8.2 miles easy Tues - 8.3 miles easy Wed - 4x1200m @ 4:29 (4:32, 4:31, 4:31, 4:34);