Skip to main content

Pumpkin Graham Krispie Treats

Time for this week's pumpkin recipe! Despite a full week of parent/teacher conferences (and cupcake baking), I did actually get a pumpkin recipe made. This is the second to last week before Thanksgiving, so only one more recipe after this. That is, until next year...





I came up with today's recipe after seeing a recipe for Browned Butter Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats and another recipe for Golden Graham S'mores Bars


First of all, I love rice krispie treats. Just love. Such crispy, marshmallowy goodness. Made even better with the addition of peanut butter and/or chocolate. (But not those nasty processed ones in the metallic blue wrappers, ewww.) Last year, I made Cake Batter Rice Krispies and Oreo Rice Krispies for my students on the last day of school, and I think I was more excited than they were.






These rice krispies have are the perfect 'adult' rice krispie treat for fall. They're sweet and just a bit spicy, thanks to the cinnamon, cloves, and ginger. I love the combination of graham cereal with the rice krispies - it makes the flavors pop. The white chocolate chips add a nice touch of sweetness.




And the great thing about these treats? Start to finish in less than 45 minutes, no joke. (Including the time needed to freeze the white chocolate chips so they don't melt completely when mixed with the hot marshmallow goo.)


And now please enjoy a photo montage of the creation of these rice krispies. My Business Man just got home from an out-of-town work conference, so we were catching up in the kitchen. (So I had my trusty photographer close!)


Ooey gooey... 
Nice & smooth. 
Into the pan.

Spray your hands well!

Almost done.

Pumpkin Graham Krispie Treats


  • ¼ cup butter
  • 6 cups mini marshmallows
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon cloves
  • ¼ teaspoon ginger
  • 3 cups rice krispies cereal
  • 3 cups golden grahams cereal
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips

Method

Place white chocolate chips in freezer for 30 minutes before preparing recipe. (That way, they won't melt when they get mixed in with the hot marshmallow.)

Grease an 8x8-inch pan. To brown butter, melt over medium-low heat, swirling the pan, until the butter turns a golden brown color and becomes very fragrant. Add marshmallows, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger, and stir until melted. Stir in cereals and white chocolate chips, and stir until evenly coated. Working quickly, press the cereal mixture into the prepared pan. Let set up before cutting. (To speed this process, place the pan in the fridge.)

Source: Inspired by Macaroni & Cheesecake and Cookies & Cups

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Off the Press... [Chicken Bacon Bleu Panini]

So I totally forgot to post a panini recipe last Thursday... whoops. I'm sure you were all waiting with bated breath and were very  disappointed. Well, never fear, because I've got a fabulous panini recipe tonight! Tangy bleu cheese and salty bacon come together to form a delectable sandwich. It comes from the panini cookbook I received for Christmas, 200 Best Panini Recipes  (thanks Mom!) . The  Chicken Bacon Bleu panini :   grilled chicken, crisp bacon, and bleu cheese on sourdough with a spread of barbecue sauce and sliced red onion. I had never thought of putting bleu cheese on a panini before I saw this recipe. I feared there wouldn't be enough ooey gooey cheese! But bleu cheese actually melts pretty nicely. It's no Velveeta, but it added a great tang to the sandwich.  First, spread the bottom piece of bread with a bit of barbecue sauce, and top with some grilled chicken. I actually used my panini press to grill my chicken for the first time, and it wa

The Arrival of Something New...

Woo hoo for the last Friday of the school year! And only one more day of school next week. (And then a couple teacher workshops...) Another reason to be excited? Our fridge came today!! Isn't she a beauty? It is so nice to have a fridge again. You don't realize how much you miss a full-size refrigerator until you go a couple weeks without it. A bit bare... but that can be solved easily. Bottom-drawer freezer, containing the essentials: moose tracks & Diet Dew trying to get cold asap. Anyways, I'm just popping in to share my beautiful new appliance. The baking monster has taken over, and I'm in the midst of making 150 cupcakes for a graduation party tomorrow.  First big baking project in the new kitchen! I'm loving all the counter space. Mmm... chocolate buttercream! Making good use of the baking nook! :) Adios!

Boston Marathon, week #3

Last week was a great week for training - lots of easy runs, a V02-max workout, and my first long run that actually felt 'long'.  The goal was to get in 50-55 miles, and I ended up with 56ish, so right on target. Saturday's long run was glorious ! Temps in the 50's in January (!) makes me a very happy runner. I headed out for 16-17 miles and ended up with almost 18. And I remembered to bring fuel!  I tried out the blueberry-pomegranate Gu chomps, and they weren't my favorite. I ate one every 2 miles once I hit the 8-mile mark and they left a strange aftertaste. Pretty much as soon as the aftertaste went away, it would be time to eat one again. I'm thinking I will try something else next time.  This was the week of the 8's... what a monotonous bar graph. I'll try better next week to make it a little more exciting. Weekly Rundown 1.7.2013-1.13.2013 Mon - 8.2 miles easy Tues - 8.3 miles easy Wed - 4x1200m @ 4:29 (4:32, 4:31, 4:31, 4:34);