Skip to main content

On this day, I thee wed...

Today is a very special day. Exactly one year ago, I married my best friend. (Known around here as my Business Man.)


This past year has brought a lot of fun, growth, and adventures as we've started our lives together. Moving 6 hours away from our families, starting new jobs, buying a house... just to name a few of the exciting events we've experienced in this past year. I can't wait for the many, many years to come!


I haven't really blogged about our wedding before... considering I started this blog to explore my journeys as a housewife in the Bean Town. It's hard to be a housewife before you're married.


Anyways, I loved wedding planning. I almost wish I had a blog back then to document all the details. I didn't work from the time I graduated in May until our wedding on July 2, so all my free time was spent wedding planning! So much fun.


Our wedding was held at Kickapoo Creek Winery outside of Peoria, IL. It was beautiful. We had our ceremony outside, then moved inside for the reception. And considering it was the first weekend in July, God was gracious and gave us nice 75*F weather. It was just lovely.


My daddy walking me down the aisle.
Our youth pastor from when we met in high school was the one to marry us, which was just awesome! It was neat to 'go back' to when our relationship had just begun, at the ripe ole' age of 15.


You may kiss the bride!
Even though you can't tell from the pics (we don't have that many!), we had a big wedding party. Our closest friends and family stood up with us on our big day.


I almost forgot my bouquet when we went to exit!


We got the reception started off right with a grand entrance.




Had our first dance.






And ate cake! The cupcakes were probably my favorite part of the whole wedding. (Besides the whole marrying my sweetie part.)


Lots of yummy cupcakes!
The day before, I spent the entire morning with my BFF's baking and frosting 500 cupcakes. 5 flavors: Key Lime, Strawberry, Chocolate Cream Cheese, Cookies 'n' Cream, and Cappuccino Chip. And I would do it all over again.


People told me I was crazy and it would stress me out, but it actually was a stress relief! I love to bake, and spending half the day before my wedding baking was totally fun.


We also had a candy buffet for guests to take home as favors. It was so much fun.


Nom nom nom.


All in all, it was probably the best day of my life. I wish we could do it all over again. 


Getaway car!
So today we will celebrate our 1st anniversary with a bottle of wine from the Kickapoo Creek Winery, celebrating the past year and looking forward what God has in store for us in the many years to come. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
You're wedding looks beautiful! And LOL @Kickapoo. I'm from the same neck of the woods(Galesburg). Small world! Happy Anniversary!
Alissa said…
As I recall it was 500 and ONE cupcakes hahahaha. It was a beautiful day and I hope you had a great anniversary! May you have many, many, many more to come! Love you two!
Cait's Plate said…
Oh my gosh you look absolutely beautiful - congrats on your one year anniversary and to many, many more! :)
Running Girl said…
Congratulations! You look amazing in the pictures. And the cupcakes are gorgeous.
Sara said…
Thanks guys!! And Alissa, yes, 501. But I did eat one the afternoon before the rehearsal so it was knocked down to 500 by the serving time. ;-)
aevansb said…
Congrats on one year!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Off the Press... [Chicken Bacon Bleu Panini]

So I totally forgot to post a panini recipe last Thursday... whoops. I'm sure you were all waiting with bated breath and were very  disappointed. Well, never fear, because I've got a fabulous panini recipe tonight! Tangy bleu cheese and salty bacon come together to form a delectable sandwich. It comes from the panini cookbook I received for Christmas, 200 Best Panini Recipes  (thanks Mom!) . The  Chicken Bacon Bleu panini :   grilled chicken, crisp bacon, and bleu cheese on sourdough with a spread of barbecue sauce and sliced red onion. I had never thought of putting bleu cheese on a panini before I saw this recipe. I feared there wouldn't be enough ooey gooey cheese! But bleu cheese actually melts pretty nicely. It's no Velveeta, but it added a great tang to the sandwich.  First, spread the bottom piece of bread with a bit of barbecue sauce, and top with some grilled chicken. I actually used my panini press to grill my chicken for the first time, and it wa

The Arrival of Something New...

Woo hoo for the last Friday of the school year! And only one more day of school next week. (And then a couple teacher workshops...) Another reason to be excited? Our fridge came today!! Isn't she a beauty? It is so nice to have a fridge again. You don't realize how much you miss a full-size refrigerator until you go a couple weeks without it. A bit bare... but that can be solved easily. Bottom-drawer freezer, containing the essentials: moose tracks & Diet Dew trying to get cold asap. Anyways, I'm just popping in to share my beautiful new appliance. The baking monster has taken over, and I'm in the midst of making 150 cupcakes for a graduation party tomorrow.  First big baking project in the new kitchen! I'm loving all the counter space. Mmm... chocolate buttercream! Making good use of the baking nook! :) Adios!

Boston Marathon, week #3

Last week was a great week for training - lots of easy runs, a V02-max workout, and my first long run that actually felt 'long'.  The goal was to get in 50-55 miles, and I ended up with 56ish, so right on target. Saturday's long run was glorious ! Temps in the 50's in January (!) makes me a very happy runner. I headed out for 16-17 miles and ended up with almost 18. And I remembered to bring fuel!  I tried out the blueberry-pomegranate Gu chomps, and they weren't my favorite. I ate one every 2 miles once I hit the 8-mile mark and they left a strange aftertaste. Pretty much as soon as the aftertaste went away, it would be time to eat one again. I'm thinking I will try something else next time.  This was the week of the 8's... what a monotonous bar graph. I'll try better next week to make it a little more exciting. Weekly Rundown 1.7.2013-1.13.2013 Mon - 8.2 miles easy Tues - 8.3 miles easy Wed - 4x1200m @ 4:29 (4:32, 4:31, 4:31, 4:34);