Skip to main content

What Happens in Vegas...

Hi friends. I made it here alive and well. We are off to spend the last day sightseeing with one of my college BFF's and I just wanted to share with you a funny story.




Yesterday morning I decided to start my day off with a run before attending a conference with my Business Man. I really wanted to run down the strip, but it's a bit crazy out there and I chickened out. And my Business man didn't really feel comfortable letting me gallivant down the street of crazies all by myself. (Just another reason why he needs to pick up running.)


So, around 6am, I took myself to the hotel gym to get in some quality miles with the treadmill. I jokingly made a comment to my Business Man to come look for me if I wasn't back in an hour and a half.


Little did I know.


After my lovely 7 miles (that were a little rough due to the altitude) I made my way back upstairs, to floor #12. And then I started to panic.


"What room are we staying in!? AHH!"


I could not remember for the life of me. It probably didn't help that the only time I'd come up to the room was the night before at 10pm (1am EST) after a full day including a 10-mile run, half a day of work, then 10+ hours of travel.


And so I started trying out doors. And the key wouldn't work in any of them. And people were yelling out "Wrong room!" Thanks, but I figured that out.


I didn't have my cell phone to call my Business Man because I feared that taking my cell phone with my room key to the gym would cause it to de-activate the key. (My Business Man's had already de-activated twice.) 


Eventually a man came out of his room and I asked to use his cell phone to call and wake up my Business Man. Too bad he didn't answer.


After sitting in the hallway for awhile, waiting, I decided to go down to the lobby to see if they would tell me what room we were in. Too bad, they couldn't. They needed my ID to verify that I was staying in that room. Who takes their ID to the gym? Not that it would have helped since my ID still has my maiden name. Ooops.


They decided they would let me call the room phone line, but he didn't answer. At this point I was in a full-fledged panic. Tears were coming quick and I looked up across the lobby and there was my Business Man, my knight in shining armor.


I guess he thought that I had actually tried to run outside and got kidnapped or something! So, 2 hours later, I finally returned from my run. Haha.






Lesson learned - ALWAYS MEMORIZE YOUR HOTEL ROOM NUMBER. Especially when you're in a really big hotel.


Welcome to my life.






At least the afternoon by the pool more than made up for it.

Comments

SbMac said…
I have forgotten my room number before too! I started carrying around the little holder that they give you that has the number on it!
Hahah!!! That is horrible and awesome! I so would have done something just like that!

Glad you made it safe.. hope the weekend is a blast!!

ps Go Business Man!!! Way to save the day! :)
Ahh, what a pain!!! That's a long room number, too. Glad your man found you:)
Sara said…
@sb - that is a good idea! funny thing is, I didn't even think about needing to remember what room I was in. Guess that's what jet lag will do to ya!

@Jessica & Paige - yes, I am so glad he found me! I don't know what I would have done!

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Off the Press... [Chicken Bacon Bleu Panini]

So I totally forgot to post a panini recipe last Thursday... whoops. I'm sure you were all waiting with bated breath and were very  disappointed. Well, never fear, because I've got a fabulous panini recipe tonight! Tangy bleu cheese and salty bacon come together to form a delectable sandwich. It comes from the panini cookbook I received for Christmas, 200 Best Panini Recipes  (thanks Mom!) . The  Chicken Bacon Bleu panini :   grilled chicken, crisp bacon, and bleu cheese on sourdough with a spread of barbecue sauce and sliced red onion. I had never thought of putting bleu cheese on a panini before I saw this recipe. I feared there wouldn't be enough ooey gooey cheese! But bleu cheese actually melts pretty nicely. It's no Velveeta, but it added a great tang to the sandwich.  First, spread the bottom piece of bread with a bit of barbecue sauce, and top with some grilled chicken. I actually used my panini press to grill my chicken for the first time, and it wa

The Arrival of Something New...

Woo hoo for the last Friday of the school year! And only one more day of school next week. (And then a couple teacher workshops...) Another reason to be excited? Our fridge came today!! Isn't she a beauty? It is so nice to have a fridge again. You don't realize how much you miss a full-size refrigerator until you go a couple weeks without it. A bit bare... but that can be solved easily. Bottom-drawer freezer, containing the essentials: moose tracks & Diet Dew trying to get cold asap. Anyways, I'm just popping in to share my beautiful new appliance. The baking monster has taken over, and I'm in the midst of making 150 cupcakes for a graduation party tomorrow.  First big baking project in the new kitchen! I'm loving all the counter space. Mmm... chocolate buttercream! Making good use of the baking nook! :) Adios!

Boston Marathon, week #3

Last week was a great week for training - lots of easy runs, a V02-max workout, and my first long run that actually felt 'long'.  The goal was to get in 50-55 miles, and I ended up with 56ish, so right on target. Saturday's long run was glorious ! Temps in the 50's in January (!) makes me a very happy runner. I headed out for 16-17 miles and ended up with almost 18. And I remembered to bring fuel!  I tried out the blueberry-pomegranate Gu chomps, and they weren't my favorite. I ate one every 2 miles once I hit the 8-mile mark and they left a strange aftertaste. Pretty much as soon as the aftertaste went away, it would be time to eat one again. I'm thinking I will try something else next time.  This was the week of the 8's... what a monotonous bar graph. I'll try better next week to make it a little more exciting. Weekly Rundown 1.7.2013-1.13.2013 Mon - 8.2 miles easy Tues - 8.3 miles easy Wed - 4x1200m @ 4:29 (4:32, 4:31, 4:31, 4:34);