Skip to main content

What's a girl to do with a 3-day weekend?

Lots of things, of course.


Shop. We spent Saturday at the outlet mall with some friends, but of course left the camera at home. It was lots of fun, including dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Yum.


We also shopped at TJ Maxx and found some lovelies to add to our fall decor.


Little mice... heh. Just kidding. We didn't buy these.

Definitely picked these up - pumpkin cake pops anyone?
Can't open a jar of sprinkles without spilling them, of course. At least I caught some of them in my sweatshirt?
Run. 12 mile long run on Saturday, 5.5 mile fartlek on Sunday. In the pouring down rain. I was about 10 minutes from home when the skies opened up on me. Reminded me a little of this. But not nearly as painful.

Those shorts are supposed to be purple and the tank is supposed to be grey. Yea.


Bake. I made 6 dozen cupcakes for a co-worker's surprise 30th birthday party. Ain't no thang, 'cause I love to bake. I think you knew that.

Cookie dough cupcakes - stuffed with cookie dough, topped with cookie dough buttercream & mini chocolate chips.

Red velvet cheesecake cupcakes - stuffed with cheesecake, topped with cream cheese frosting & graham cracker crumbs.

Key lime pie cupcakes - filled with key lime pie filling, frosted with cream cheese frosting.

The whole she-bang. On my $5 garage sale find cake stands.


Return of pumpkin. Now that it's September, I can start eating pumpkin again. Because, you know, it's limited to the months of September - November. My favorite thing to do?


Yes, I do actually like eating it this way. I'm weird, I know.

Besides eat it plain?

Pumpkin yogurt. Don't knock it 'til you try it.


Here's the line-up:


Pumpkin butter, vanilla yogurt, pumpkin. And cinnamon but it escaped the picture.
Combine it all in a bowl.


Mix it up. And top with granola, too. So good.



This will be my new favorite snack/breakfast/lunch until after Thanksgiving. It's also good with salted pecans sprinkled on top.


Random. And here's a picture of the neighbor kitty that likes to chill out on our patio table. It kinda weirds me out.


Stay away from our table, kitty friend!
And that's that.


Question: How was your 3-day weekend? Do anything exciting?

Comments

aevansb said…
Don't let the kitty weird you out! He probably smells all those delicious baked goods and is hoping to grab a snack. :-P

Also, when I saw that first pic of the fall decorations (the ones you didn't get) I legit gasped. Glad that was a joke! lol
I don't really know how to feel about that pumpkin combo yet, but I know I love pumpkin stuff a lot and I'm stoked that we're back in pumpkin eating season, so I'm def going to try that.

Your cupcakes are adorable... I would like a few dozen of those red velvets sent to my house... are you accepting orders?! :)

And I hate running in the rain. I know I'm a wimp, but I really, really, really have to be in the mood for it to be a good experience, but you look happy... so what's the secret? I guess if I know that I don't have to do anything afterwards and can just enjoy a nice long shower and some cuddle up in a blanket with a book to recover time, then I can handle it.

Okay, I know this is a ridiculously long comment... but I also just have to say that we have a cat that hangs out around our house, too! Actually, we have a couple of them, but there is this one really gross one that is all wheezy and sick looking. I feel bad, but mostly I feel like I wish it would go somewhere else. I'm hoping that since you don't seem to want cats around your house, you won't judge me for disliking our nasty stalker cat.

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Off the Press... [Chicken Bacon Bleu Panini]

So I totally forgot to post a panini recipe last Thursday... whoops. I'm sure you were all waiting with bated breath and were very  disappointed. Well, never fear, because I've got a fabulous panini recipe tonight! Tangy bleu cheese and salty bacon come together to form a delectable sandwich. It comes from the panini cookbook I received for Christmas, 200 Best Panini Recipes  (thanks Mom!) . The  Chicken Bacon Bleu panini :   grilled chicken, crisp bacon, and bleu cheese on sourdough with a spread of barbecue sauce and sliced red onion. I had never thought of putting bleu cheese on a panini before I saw this recipe. I feared there wouldn't be enough ooey gooey cheese! But bleu cheese actually melts pretty nicely. It's no Velveeta, but it added a great tang to the sandwich.  First, spread the bottom piece of bread with a bit of barbecue sauce, and top with some grilled chicken. I actually used my panini press to grill my chicken for the first time, and it wa

The Arrival of Something New...

Woo hoo for the last Friday of the school year! And only one more day of school next week. (And then a couple teacher workshops...) Another reason to be excited? Our fridge came today!! Isn't she a beauty? It is so nice to have a fridge again. You don't realize how much you miss a full-size refrigerator until you go a couple weeks without it. A bit bare... but that can be solved easily. Bottom-drawer freezer, containing the essentials: moose tracks & Diet Dew trying to get cold asap. Anyways, I'm just popping in to share my beautiful new appliance. The baking monster has taken over, and I'm in the midst of making 150 cupcakes for a graduation party tomorrow.  First big baking project in the new kitchen! I'm loving all the counter space. Mmm... chocolate buttercream! Making good use of the baking nook! :) Adios!

Boston Marathon, week #3

Last week was a great week for training - lots of easy runs, a V02-max workout, and my first long run that actually felt 'long'.  The goal was to get in 50-55 miles, and I ended up with 56ish, so right on target. Saturday's long run was glorious ! Temps in the 50's in January (!) makes me a very happy runner. I headed out for 16-17 miles and ended up with almost 18. And I remembered to bring fuel!  I tried out the blueberry-pomegranate Gu chomps, and they weren't my favorite. I ate one every 2 miles once I hit the 8-mile mark and they left a strange aftertaste. Pretty much as soon as the aftertaste went away, it would be time to eat one again. I'm thinking I will try something else next time.  This was the week of the 8's... what a monotonous bar graph. I'll try better next week to make it a little more exciting. Weekly Rundown 1.7.2013-1.13.2013 Mon - 8.2 miles easy Tues - 8.3 miles easy Wed - 4x1200m @ 4:29 (4:32, 4:31, 4:31, 4:34);