Skip to main content

Things I'm Lovin', round #3

Reasons Why I'm Happy Today


1. Today we started our second semester at school. Because we are on block schedule, that means we get new classes every semester. And, I have actually taught all the classes I am teaching this semester before, which means I have the majority of my lessons planned out already! Woot woot! If you're a teacher you know how nice that is. If you're not... just imagine your workload being cut in half. 


2. I was picking up some groceries at Meijer today and stumbled across this beautiful display. It took all that I had in me to just keep walking. I probably would have let myself buy one Valentine-themed baking item, except that I might already have four varieties of Valentine sprinkles at home.


All cute little heart-shaped pans! And sprinkles! And cupcake liners!


3. I just looked back at my marathon training from last spring, and realized I didn't tackle my first 16 mile run until mid-February. And this go-round I've already run a 16+miler. And now I feel like super-woman because I'm four weeks ahead of where I was last year. That's gotta be a good sign, right?


4. I made one new year's resolution this year - to actually read my books for book club. We had our first meeting of 2012 tonight. Did I read the book? Oh, about 40% of it. Did I still have fun chatting and devouring chips & salsa at the local Mexican joint? Oh yea. Thanks to my book club peeps who still welcome me when I have nothing to add to the intellectual conversation.


5. This weekend I am going to my first ever professional basketball game - Da Bulls. I am excited. I might be even more excited for the fact that I will also get to do some shopping at Williams-Sonoma for which I have a Christmas gift card to spend. Oh yes, and a stop at Trader Joe's as well.





6. My favorite pizza place in the Bean Town closed. This is not something I'm lovin'. BUT!! I pretty successfully recreated my favorite pizza from there this weekend. Fresh garlic, spinach, broccoli, red pepper, ricotta, and mozzarella on a chewy, garlicky crust. My Business Man & I pretty much devoured the whole thing.







Gotta get into bed soon... meeting a friend for some mile repeats in the wee hours of the morning!


Past Things I'm Lovin':

Comments

Alissa said…
Who are da bulls playing? It is funny to me that you left that part out! Hope you have a great weekend! I am going to try to run 16 this weekend. We will see how that goes :)
Have Your Way said…
OO have fun this weekend!! I have been to one pro basketball game---the Cavs a few years ago and they lost. I was in nosebleed seats and it was a birthday present from a few friends! haha

I love sprinkles!! I just used some this past weekend when I made rice krispie treats with the kids I was babysitting. We used cookie cutters, cut out our shapes and then put sprinkles on them. Ta-da!! Cute work!!!

<3 Allie*
Talen said…
Oh dear, Timmy and I tried to get tickets for a Bulls game this season. He will be very jealous when I tell him you are going!
Running Girl said…
Hope your repeat run is fab! We've been out of school all week (snow), so the kids have been giddy - snowball fights, snowmen, snow angels, hot chocolate, you name it.
Anonymous said…
Oh you high schoolers teachers, I am so jealous of your block schedules! I teach kindergarten and it is always something new I have to come up with. At least I don't have to do much grading like I am sure you do! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Off the Press... [Chicken Bacon Bleu Panini]

So I totally forgot to post a panini recipe last Thursday... whoops. I'm sure you were all waiting with bated breath and were very  disappointed. Well, never fear, because I've got a fabulous panini recipe tonight! Tangy bleu cheese and salty bacon come together to form a delectable sandwich. It comes from the panini cookbook I received for Christmas, 200 Best Panini Recipes  (thanks Mom!) . The  Chicken Bacon Bleu panini :   grilled chicken, crisp bacon, and bleu cheese on sourdough with a spread of barbecue sauce and sliced red onion. I had never thought of putting bleu cheese on a panini before I saw this recipe. I feared there wouldn't be enough ooey gooey cheese! But bleu cheese actually melts pretty nicely. It's no Velveeta, but it added a great tang to the sandwich.  First, spread the bottom piece of bread with a bit of barbecue sauce, and top with some grilled chicken. I actually used my panini press to grill my chicken for the first time, and it wa

The Arrival of Something New...

Woo hoo for the last Friday of the school year! And only one more day of school next week. (And then a couple teacher workshops...) Another reason to be excited? Our fridge came today!! Isn't she a beauty? It is so nice to have a fridge again. You don't realize how much you miss a full-size refrigerator until you go a couple weeks without it. A bit bare... but that can be solved easily. Bottom-drawer freezer, containing the essentials: moose tracks & Diet Dew trying to get cold asap. Anyways, I'm just popping in to share my beautiful new appliance. The baking monster has taken over, and I'm in the midst of making 150 cupcakes for a graduation party tomorrow.  First big baking project in the new kitchen! I'm loving all the counter space. Mmm... chocolate buttercream! Making good use of the baking nook! :) Adios!

Boston Marathon, week #3

Last week was a great week for training - lots of easy runs, a V02-max workout, and my first long run that actually felt 'long'.  The goal was to get in 50-55 miles, and I ended up with 56ish, so right on target. Saturday's long run was glorious ! Temps in the 50's in January (!) makes me a very happy runner. I headed out for 16-17 miles and ended up with almost 18. And I remembered to bring fuel!  I tried out the blueberry-pomegranate Gu chomps, and they weren't my favorite. I ate one every 2 miles once I hit the 8-mile mark and they left a strange aftertaste. Pretty much as soon as the aftertaste went away, it would be time to eat one again. I'm thinking I will try something else next time.  This was the week of the 8's... what a monotonous bar graph. I'll try better next week to make it a little more exciting. Weekly Rundown 1.7.2013-1.13.2013 Mon - 8.2 miles easy Tues - 8.3 miles easy Wed - 4x1200m @ 4:29 (4:32, 4:31, 4:31, 4:34);