Skip to main content

Hitting the Three C's

This past week my Business Man and I have traveled what feels like all over Ohio.

Last Saturday, we went to Cincinnati. (Ikea trip... see a previous post.)

Tuesday, we went to Columbus. (Again, can be documented in a previous post.)

There's only one "C" city left to visit in Ohio... that would be Cleveland!

My Business Man's company had a promotion in June where he could win an overnight to Cleveland and to see an Indians' game. (The Indians are a baseball team for all of you out there who don't follow sports. Myself included. Although I do know a smidge about long-distance running.)

So, because my Business Man is so awesome, he won the trip plus $200 cash! We took off for Cleveland Friday morning. It's about a 3-hour drive, so that of course required a stop at Starbuck's.
Enjoying my nonfat iced cinnamon dulce latte, with whipped cream of course. I run 40 miles a week for a reason. :-P Whipped cream being one of them.

Upon arriving in Cleveland, my Business Man had to go to a short meeting, which I was invited to. Super-fun! Actually, the speaker was pretty interesting.

We then had a few hours to kill before the start of the game. My Business Man and I wandered downtown. When I say wandered, I mean that we went on a random walk and ended up by the lake. Pretty perfect! And a boat just happened to be leaving on a tour! So, we paid our $15 and hopped on the "Good Time III."

By the way, if it's such a good time, what happened to I & II?

So, as the boat (ship? It had 3 levels...) took off, we listened as one of the ship mates explained how to put on our life jackets in case we face the fate of the Titanic. He was very descriptive.

BTW, this ship mate looked like he was about 16. Just sayin'. Although he does probably know more about boating than many people my age.

Our lovely cruise was narrated by none other than some radio personality who is very popular in Cleveland. At first, I was excited, "Oh, this will be so interesting!" Turns out it was a recording... and not always synced up with where we were on the tour. Ha.

Relaxin' on the top deck, soakin' up some sun. Good thing I brought my shades.

The ride was pretty neat. We thought we'd go out more on the water, but we stayed pretty close to shore, on the Cuyahoga River. We went under 10945986151238 bridges, and learned about 4 different types of bridges that open up to let boats pass through.

2 of above-mentioned bridges.

We passed some neat-o architecture. Cool radio personality guy told us all about it, but of course I can't remember any of the details. Figures.


And, we went by the Browns stadium. I guess this is their football team?


After the boat ride, we continued to walk, heading back toward the hotel. We found some super-cool ginormous guitars in front of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Me, posing ever-so-quaintly with my guitar.

My Business Man knows how to rock-out a little more.

So, we stopped at the hotel to change and get "freshened up" for the game. Aka get ready to sweat. As soon as we got to the game, the sweat started pouring down my back. So fun!

The theme for the game series was "Beach Weekend." I wish I would have worn my bikini. :-P That would have eliminated a lot of the sweating issues.

Overall, it was a very fun night. The Indians' pulled out a win against Detroit. (8-2.) My Business Man and I spent some quality time with some of his Business friends. And, of course, I convinced my sweetie to buy me some chocolate ice cream. (Well, custard to be exact.) Plus, we got to see fireworks after the game!



It was a nice little post-honeymoon trip, to celebrate our 2-week anniversary. Ha!

That's all from the Bean Town for now... stay tuned for more adventures.

:-)

Comments

aevansb said…
This was so Liz Lemon of you guys! Did you sing the 30 Rock Cleveland song?

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Off the Press... [Chicken Bacon Bleu Panini]

So I totally forgot to post a panini recipe last Thursday... whoops. I'm sure you were all waiting with bated breath and were very  disappointed. Well, never fear, because I've got a fabulous panini recipe tonight! Tangy bleu cheese and salty bacon come together to form a delectable sandwich. It comes from the panini cookbook I received for Christmas, 200 Best Panini Recipes  (thanks Mom!) . The  Chicken Bacon Bleu panini :   grilled chicken, crisp bacon, and bleu cheese on sourdough with a spread of barbecue sauce and sliced red onion. I had never thought of putting bleu cheese on a panini before I saw this recipe. I feared there wouldn't be enough ooey gooey cheese! But bleu cheese actually melts pretty nicely. It's no Velveeta, but it added a great tang to the sandwich.  First, spread the bottom piece of bread with a bit of barbecue sauce, and top with some grilled chicken. I actually used my panini press to grill my chicken for the first time, and it wa

The Arrival of Something New...

Woo hoo for the last Friday of the school year! And only one more day of school next week. (And then a couple teacher workshops...) Another reason to be excited? Our fridge came today!! Isn't she a beauty? It is so nice to have a fridge again. You don't realize how much you miss a full-size refrigerator until you go a couple weeks without it. A bit bare... but that can be solved easily. Bottom-drawer freezer, containing the essentials: moose tracks & Diet Dew trying to get cold asap. Anyways, I'm just popping in to share my beautiful new appliance. The baking monster has taken over, and I'm in the midst of making 150 cupcakes for a graduation party tomorrow.  First big baking project in the new kitchen! I'm loving all the counter space. Mmm... chocolate buttercream! Making good use of the baking nook! :) Adios!

Boston Marathon, week #3

Last week was a great week for training - lots of easy runs, a V02-max workout, and my first long run that actually felt 'long'.  The goal was to get in 50-55 miles, and I ended up with 56ish, so right on target. Saturday's long run was glorious ! Temps in the 50's in January (!) makes me a very happy runner. I headed out for 16-17 miles and ended up with almost 18. And I remembered to bring fuel!  I tried out the blueberry-pomegranate Gu chomps, and they weren't my favorite. I ate one every 2 miles once I hit the 8-mile mark and they left a strange aftertaste. Pretty much as soon as the aftertaste went away, it would be time to eat one again. I'm thinking I will try something else next time.  This was the week of the 8's... what a monotonous bar graph. I'll try better next week to make it a little more exciting. Weekly Rundown 1.7.2013-1.13.2013 Mon - 8.2 miles easy Tues - 8.3 miles easy Wed - 4x1200m @ 4:29 (4:32, 4:31, 4:31, 4:34);