Skip to main content

What to do when you forget your running shoes...

It seems that all my posts about "Life in Bean Town USA" occur outside of the Bean Town. I guess that's okay, as hopefully soon some exciting things will actually happen in the Bean Town.

This past Thursday my Business Man had to take a trip over/down to Newark, OH for a dinner meeting and then a meeting the next morning. I decided to tag along, because, what else am I gonna do??

As soon as we arrived at the hotel, my Business Man had to leave right away for his dinner meeting. (At the Olive Garden, none-the-less... not fair!) I was planning on ordering room service, as I have never done that before and have dreamed of someone delivering a scrumptious meal right to my room and then devouring it in bed. But, there was one problem. Our hotel didn't have room service, or any restaurant service at all!

Luckily for me, there was a Texas Roadhouse literally 1/2 block from the hotel. Probably even less than that. Now, I love me some Chicken Critters from the Texas Roadhouse, even if I feel like a 5-year-old when I order them. So, I called my order in and was seriously back in my room with my food in less than 12 minutes. And, it was enough food to feed 3 of me. Just sayin'.

Of course, I forgot my camera on this trip. Along with my contact solution and running shoes. So, pictures in this post will be courtesy of my crappy phone or just stolen from the internet.

Note: 3 boxes. One filled with chicken strips/french fries. One with salad. And then 4 rolls. For just me.

So, my Business Man came back from his meeting, and thought we should go out for ice cream... yesss!! My favorite summer activity! We drove to this nearby little town called Granville, and it was like Wisteria Lane. (For those DH lovers out there...) Just a perfect, quaint, cute little town. With an adorable downtown area.


We went to Whit's Frozen Custard, where I got a chocolate-raspberry-brownie "Whitster", which I believe is their form of a blizzard. My belly started to hurt a little after this. Maybe I should have skipped that sixth chicken critter...

It looked similar to this creation.

My Business Man and I walked around the downtown area for awhile and wished that we could live here. Everybody just seemed so happy! And perfect! And then, we found the most absolutely perfect running trail. (Well, technically it could be a walking trail or biking trail, but in my eyes, it was a running trail.)

I really wish I had a picture, it was that gorgeous. It weaved through tons of beautiful houses, set up on hills. It went right through the downtown district. It passed by old educational buildings that are very interesting to a education-minded person like myself.

A picture of a house in Granville. Just one of the many many beauties. Trust me, the others were a lot cooler, too.

Too bad this the overnight trip where I left everything in the Bean Town. I just needed to go for a run in this little town the next morning. What to do with no running shoes?!?

After much deliberation (aka 2 seconds), I asked my Business Man if we could make a quick Wal-mart trip to get some cheap running shoes. I mean, I would only have to wear them for one day. Who cares if they're ugly? Or don't give me any support? Or make people stare at me like I'm a freak?

We found Wal-mart, and got some sneakers... for $12. They only had one type of women's tennis shoe. Quite surprising.

Aren't they beauties? I have designated them as my "mowing" shoes from now on. Too bad we live in an apartment and don't have to mow. Shucks.

So, the next morning, I ran. Regardless of their Wal-mart-ness, they got the job done. I got about 5.5 miles in until my feet started screaming at me. Only escaped with a little blister on my baby toe.

Sorry to those of you who don't do well with feet. I'm still trying to salvage my pedicure from my wedding 3 weeks ago, but I don't think it's working so well for me anymore.

After the run, I headed to the cute little coffee shop and got myself a "real-fruit smoothie" and waited for my Business Man to get done with his meeting. And by "real-fruit smoothie", I mean frozen slushy drink that came out of a whirly machine that I'm sure had more sugar than fruit or any other ingredients. Whatever, it tasted good.

Gotta love Photo Booth pictures...

And then, my Business Man and I stopped at the Cheesecake Factory for lunch on the way home! Isn't he great or what? I only have pics of our cheesecake that we enjoyed later that night at home.

Key Lime on the left for the lady, and Coffee Kahlua Brownie on the right for the gentleman.
I may have just had some of his as well. :-o

That's about it for our latest adventures in the Bean Town. Maybe next time the adventure will actually occur in the Bean Town!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Off the Press... [Chicken Bacon Bleu Panini]

So I totally forgot to post a panini recipe last Thursday... whoops. I'm sure you were all waiting with bated breath and were very  disappointed. Well, never fear, because I've got a fabulous panini recipe tonight! Tangy bleu cheese and salty bacon come together to form a delectable sandwich. It comes from the panini cookbook I received for Christmas, 200 Best Panini Recipes  (thanks Mom!) . The  Chicken Bacon Bleu panini :   grilled chicken, crisp bacon, and bleu cheese on sourdough with a spread of barbecue sauce and sliced red onion. I had never thought of putting bleu cheese on a panini before I saw this recipe. I feared there wouldn't be enough ooey gooey cheese! But bleu cheese actually melts pretty nicely. It's no Velveeta, but it added a great tang to the sandwich.  First, spread the bottom piece of bread with a bit of barbecue sauce, and top with some grilled chicken. I actually used my panini press to grill my chicken for the first time, and it wa

The Arrival of Something New...

Woo hoo for the last Friday of the school year! And only one more day of school next week. (And then a couple teacher workshops...) Another reason to be excited? Our fridge came today!! Isn't she a beauty? It is so nice to have a fridge again. You don't realize how much you miss a full-size refrigerator until you go a couple weeks without it. A bit bare... but that can be solved easily. Bottom-drawer freezer, containing the essentials: moose tracks & Diet Dew trying to get cold asap. Anyways, I'm just popping in to share my beautiful new appliance. The baking monster has taken over, and I'm in the midst of making 150 cupcakes for a graduation party tomorrow.  First big baking project in the new kitchen! I'm loving all the counter space. Mmm... chocolate buttercream! Making good use of the baking nook! :) Adios!

Boston Marathon, week #3

Last week was a great week for training - lots of easy runs, a V02-max workout, and my first long run that actually felt 'long'.  The goal was to get in 50-55 miles, and I ended up with 56ish, so right on target. Saturday's long run was glorious ! Temps in the 50's in January (!) makes me a very happy runner. I headed out for 16-17 miles and ended up with almost 18. And I remembered to bring fuel!  I tried out the blueberry-pomegranate Gu chomps, and they weren't my favorite. I ate one every 2 miles once I hit the 8-mile mark and they left a strange aftertaste. Pretty much as soon as the aftertaste went away, it would be time to eat one again. I'm thinking I will try something else next time.  This was the week of the 8's... what a monotonous bar graph. I'll try better next week to make it a little more exciting. Weekly Rundown 1.7.2013-1.13.2013 Mon - 8.2 miles easy Tues - 8.3 miles easy Wed - 4x1200m @ 4:29 (4:32, 4:31, 4:31, 4:34);