Skip to main content

A few randoms...

This week has been BUSY! 


Yesterday I had an afternoon training meeting for school from 12-3pm. Best part about it? It didn't start until 12pm and my sub came in at 11:15am... which meant I got to eat lunch at home! It felt so weird to be home during the day.



Our training was 'Active-killer' training... aka what to do if someone comes into school with clear intents of violence and killing. Fun. It was actually really neat to learn what should be done... so often we think "Just be quiet and hide!", where we really should be getting the heck outta there, even if it means dropping from a second story window. 


Of course the training had to be on the one day of the week that my Business Man was in Kentucky overnight for a meeting. I checked that my doors were locked multiple times last night before I went to bed.


---


Today we had a bake sale in my Seminar class (basically a homeroom that meets once a week.) I've got mostly girls so we decided to host a Valentine's Bake Sale to raise money for the local food bank. We had a lot of fun, and most importantly, raised over $100 for those in need!


So cute for Valentine's Day! One of the girls made strawberry cupcakes, and packaged them in party punch cups wrapped in saran wrap. So clever!



And that's why I'm not an English/spelling teacher. Just kidding... one of my students wrote that on the board.


Due to said bake sale, I also spent four hours last night baking and wrapping up baked goods. 3 pans of rice krispy treats, 7 dozen m&m cookies, and 4 batches of puppy chow, no problem. Lots of fun. I'm sure my Business Man was glad he was in Kentucky.







---


I was wandering through Wal-mart yesterday afternoon, searching for my beloved Honey Nut Shredded Wheat cereal because I can't seem to find it anywhere (not at Ray's or Meijer), when I discovered these gems.


Cotton candy, cinnamon roll, cherry vanilla, bubble gum... don't those all sound so appetizing?
Insta-flavor frosting? Apparently you stir one of these little packets into your can of storebought frosting and have gourmet frosting. Hmmm... I was intrigued. Pretty sure they were free, too, there was no price. I think they're hoping you actually buy the frosting, too. I might have to go back and investigate.


---


This afternoon, I ran my tempo run. On the treadmill. Which wasn't so bad. My goal was 6 miles at 6:45 pace. Totally dominated. 


Splits - 6:50, 6:42, 6:42, 6:42, 6:41, 6:35. 


Average pace - 6:42.


Like I said, a few randoms. My life is random sometimes. 


Happy Wednesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Off the Press... [Chicken Bacon Bleu Panini]

So I totally forgot to post a panini recipe last Thursday... whoops. I'm sure you were all waiting with bated breath and were very  disappointed. Well, never fear, because I've got a fabulous panini recipe tonight! Tangy bleu cheese and salty bacon come together to form a delectable sandwich. It comes from the panini cookbook I received for Christmas, 200 Best Panini Recipes  (thanks Mom!) . The  Chicken Bacon Bleu panini :   grilled chicken, crisp bacon, and bleu cheese on sourdough with a spread of barbecue sauce and sliced red onion. I had never thought of putting bleu cheese on a panini before I saw this recipe. I feared there wouldn't be enough ooey gooey cheese! But bleu cheese actually melts pretty nicely. It's no Velveeta, but it added a great tang to the sandwich.  First, spread the bottom piece of bread with a bit of barbecue sauce, and top with some grilled chicken. I actually used my panini press to grill my chicken for the first time, and it wa

The Arrival of Something New...

Woo hoo for the last Friday of the school year! And only one more day of school next week. (And then a couple teacher workshops...) Another reason to be excited? Our fridge came today!! Isn't she a beauty? It is so nice to have a fridge again. You don't realize how much you miss a full-size refrigerator until you go a couple weeks without it. A bit bare... but that can be solved easily. Bottom-drawer freezer, containing the essentials: moose tracks & Diet Dew trying to get cold asap. Anyways, I'm just popping in to share my beautiful new appliance. The baking monster has taken over, and I'm in the midst of making 150 cupcakes for a graduation party tomorrow.  First big baking project in the new kitchen! I'm loving all the counter space. Mmm... chocolate buttercream! Making good use of the baking nook! :) Adios!

2011 Flying Pig Marathon Race Recap

Marathons are hard. But before we get to the actual marathon, let's rewind a bit to Saturday afternoon. We arrived in Cincy around 2pm, and hit up marathon expo. Goodness sakes, I had never seen a room so large filled with so many runners. Everyone was so excited, you could almost feel the energy. We weaved our way through the exhibitors and what they had to offer. (Think free dark chocolate almond granola samples! Yum! I also might have snagged some info on the Disney Half & Marathon in January... we shall see.) We also stopped for a few fun photo ops. Posing with a balloon flying pig. These were everywhere! Flying pigs with all sorts of themes. They were so cute! After the expo, we headed to our early-bird dinner. We had the luxury of dining at Maggiano's Little Italy   (major carb-loading!), and it was a fantastic dining experience. The service was great , and the food was delicious as well. None of us had ever eaten there, befor