Skip to main content

22 weeks + it's a BOY!

Another week down, another weekly update! We're pretty much back to normal life around here... hard to top the fun activities of the past few weeks. I finally got back into a groove with work (catching up after trips is never fun), so it feels good to be ahead of the game again!


The most exciting event of this past week was (obviously) the ultrasound and anatomy scan! We found out that Poppyseed is most definitely a BOY! The tech let us try to guess, and there was no denying it. ;) Being able to refer to Poppyseed as a 'he' makes it seem so much more real! We've been testing out names and he feels so much more like a little person rather than a random creature swimming around inside me.

Sorry, sweet Poppyseed of mine, your naked ultrasound is now officially on the interwebz forever.
Poppyseed is measuring great, right about 1 pound according to the anatomy scan. Crazy to me that he will gain 6-7 more pounds (or more!) over the next 4 months.

The BabyCenter app has a checklist of things to do each week of your pregnancy, and every once in awhile it says "Treat yourself to something nice - a massage, pedicure, new outfit." I usually just laugh at that. Well, this week, I took that advice and got myself a pedicure after finding out the exciting news. 

I also received a new pair of running shoes that I'd ordered a few weeks ago... perfectly blue!
The other big highlight lowlight of the week is that I've been having a lot of lower back pain. It started last Wednesday, and on Thursday, I went for a run to "shake things out." Usually that helps when something is aching. Not this time... I could barely walk the rest of the day. I was quite the sight all day Friday as I hobbled around for 14 hours baking 800+ cupcakes for the weekend orders. Ay ay ay... but I made it! With lots of help from my Business Man. And my rigged up saran wrap-ice pack. And Tylenol (which I swear is just a sugar pill... I miss my ibuprofen!)


I saw a chiropractor on Monday, and basically my hips are super tight (especially my right hip) and that's what's causing the pain (which is actually more in the back of my pelvis). He stretched and stretched (and stretched) me out and it hurt so good. He showed me some stretch and strength moves to do at home to hopefully strengthen my hip muscles and loosen up my IT band so that pelvis doesn't get so irritated. So I'm not too happy, but it seems that I should be able to correct the problem and get back to running relatively soon.

In the meantime, I've been super lazy except for a jaunt in the swimming pool on Sunday. I actually swam 2000m and felt super good! I was going to go again today, but it's seriously like 65*F right now. In July. Way too cold.


Random foodie things of the week... we brought back #pizzaoftheweek after a week off. This was a Mexican pie - traditional crust topped with a seasoned black bean puree, tomatoes, green onion, cilantro, corn, and lots of cheese. And a drizzle of sour cream. It was so good.


Also, we had my favorite fish tacos ever - Mango Fish Tacos. I also shared the recipe on the Chief Market Blog, so if you're interested, check it out!


One last thing... pregnancy brain is totally a thing. This week, I left sloppy joes simmering on the stovetop while I went to the grocery store. I also walked out of the pedicure place without my shoes (!) and didn't even realize it until the next day. Apparently I must have just thought the flimsy little plastic flippy flops were legit shoes? Haha... at least they saved my Toms for me when I came back.

22 Weeks - The Facts

Poppyseed's size: the size of a papaya! And I have no real clue how big that is, ha. Around 11 inches according to babycenter.com.

Sleep: I slept really well a few days last week but the last couple nights have been rough.

Movement: Still feeling it! Our ultrasound tech said my placenta is kinda near the front, which blocks/muffles some of the movements. So I guess I only feel the super strong ones.

Running: Uhhhh... yeah. This whole back pain thing has kinda put me out for a bit. Last week was 17 miles spread out over 3 runs. We'll see how this week goes.


Cravings: Anything from the Schwan man, haha. Last week was pretty busy so quick & easy meals were key. Popcorn chicken, chicken pot pies, frozen cinnamon rolls (the horror!) But it's all so tasty! And convenient.

Looking forward to: Starting to work on the nursery! I ordered a quilt online and we bought paint on Sunday... now to just work up the motivation and energy to do it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am a runner and wear Asics to run in. I was wondering what is the name brand of your new running shoes that you just got. I like them!! :0)
Sara said…
They are the Mizuno Wave Creation! I have been running in them for 10+ years... started in the model 5 and now am in the 14, lol. Love them. They are great neutral shoe.
Anonymous said…
THANKS! :0)
Unknown said…
A boy!!! How fun! Congrats to you and your BM!
jaqulin said…
I was recently in a lot of dilemma if I should follow amazing gender selection natural process to get pregnant with our desired baby gender or not. A lot of my relatives and friends have suggested me this and they also have confirmed that this has positive feedback too.

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Off the Press... [Chicken Bacon Bleu Panini]

So I totally forgot to post a panini recipe last Thursday... whoops. I'm sure you were all waiting with bated breath and were very  disappointed. Well, never fear, because I've got a fabulous panini recipe tonight! Tangy bleu cheese and salty bacon come together to form a delectable sandwich. It comes from the panini cookbook I received for Christmas, 200 Best Panini Recipes  (thanks Mom!) . The  Chicken Bacon Bleu panini :   grilled chicken, crisp bacon, and bleu cheese on sourdough with a spread of barbecue sauce and sliced red onion. I had never thought of putting bleu cheese on a panini before I saw this recipe. I feared there wouldn't be enough ooey gooey cheese! But bleu cheese actually melts pretty nicely. It's no Velveeta, but it added a great tang to the sandwich.  First, spread the bottom piece of bread with a bit of barbecue sauce, and top with some grilled chicken. I actually used my panini press to grill my chicken for the first time, and it wa

The Arrival of Something New...

Woo hoo for the last Friday of the school year! And only one more day of school next week. (And then a couple teacher workshops...) Another reason to be excited? Our fridge came today!! Isn't she a beauty? It is so nice to have a fridge again. You don't realize how much you miss a full-size refrigerator until you go a couple weeks without it. A bit bare... but that can be solved easily. Bottom-drawer freezer, containing the essentials: moose tracks & Diet Dew trying to get cold asap. Anyways, I'm just popping in to share my beautiful new appliance. The baking monster has taken over, and I'm in the midst of making 150 cupcakes for a graduation party tomorrow.  First big baking project in the new kitchen! I'm loving all the counter space. Mmm... chocolate buttercream! Making good use of the baking nook! :) Adios!

Boston Marathon, week #3

Last week was a great week for training - lots of easy runs, a V02-max workout, and my first long run that actually felt 'long'.  The goal was to get in 50-55 miles, and I ended up with 56ish, so right on target. Saturday's long run was glorious ! Temps in the 50's in January (!) makes me a very happy runner. I headed out for 16-17 miles and ended up with almost 18. And I remembered to bring fuel!  I tried out the blueberry-pomegranate Gu chomps, and they weren't my favorite. I ate one every 2 miles once I hit the 8-mile mark and they left a strange aftertaste. Pretty much as soon as the aftertaste went away, it would be time to eat one again. I'm thinking I will try something else next time.  This was the week of the 8's... what a monotonous bar graph. I'll try better next week to make it a little more exciting. Weekly Rundown 1.7.2013-1.13.2013 Mon - 8.2 miles easy Tues - 8.3 miles easy Wed - 4x1200m @ 4:29 (4:32, 4:31, 4:31, 4:34);