Skip to main content

18 weeks + travels all over the state

18 weeks, and feeling pretty good still! Nothing really notable this week... I'm starting to feel a little more bump-a-licious. Though a lot of people are still telling me I don't look pregnant at all. (Though I am hoping my usual summer 'six-pack' doesn't quite look like the picture below, ha.)





One of the highlights of the week was a day trip to Cincinnati with my friend Lindsey. We hit up IKEA, the mall (hello GapMaternity!), Noodles & Co for lunch, and my beloved Trader Joe's. I finally got myself some maternity skinny jeans, and I am wishing I would have done it weeks ago! They are so comfy. And exactly like the Gap skinny jeans that I usually wear. Except with a stretchy waistband.

On Friday night, we were invited to a Dayton Dragons baseball game... now I am not usually into baseball, but I'm not one to turn away free tickets to a fun event! We were actually in a suite with several other people from Lima, and enjoyed some tasty food. Unfortunately the Dragons didn't pull off a win, but we still had a good time.



Saturday was my Business Man's birthday, and I revived one of his childhood traditions of baking him a red velvet cake. His birthday is on Flag Day, and as a kid, his mom always made him a traditional red velvet cake - one layer red, one layer blue. I was a little nervous because I know the frosting can be tricky, but it turned out great! I even found some sparkler candles, so that was fun. And it was absolutely delicious! I think I ate more pieces than him.



So velvety and moist! Yum!

It was definitely  a friend-centered week, because I also got to see one of my best friends from college, Kristi,and her two kiddos. She is currently living in the remote village of Beaver, AK (only accessible by plane, no cars, limited running water, crazy!) She was visiting her family for a few weeks up in Michigan so I drove up for the day to see her. It was SO good to spend some time catching up!! Miss her so much. I am now planning a trip to Alaska for next summer... gotta take advantage of a friend living there while I can!

Kristi & I


Me with her sweet daughter Cora... Casey was taking a nap.

And we can't forget our pizza of the week! Kept it simple with BBQ Chicken... bbq sauce mixed with ranch, topped with mozzarella, chicken, bacon, onion, goat cheese, and cilantro. Yum!







18 Weeks - The Facts


Poppyseed's size: Bell pepper!


Sleep: Getting worse... I've been dealing with some weird headaches that have me up several times a night. That, plus the whole peeing 3 times a night. Looks like I'll get some really good sleep in 4 or 5 years, haha.


Movement: I think I am starting to feel some flutters! Especially at night if I'm sitting on the couch. Last week, I had a piece of cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory around 8:30ish and I could definitely feel something. Perhaps all that sugar woke Poppyseed up and put him/her into hyperactivity mode.


Running: 37 miles total with a 10-mile long run. Feeling pretty good still. I'll take it while I can! My running buds have been on vacation so I've mostly been running solo. I even went lap swimming one day for fun! Ha, my arms were so sore the next day.


Cravings: Nothing crazy, but I got so excited when someone brought donuts to Sunday school. I definitely indulged in a blueberry cake donut and part of a bear claw. SO DELICIOUS! Donuts might be a new thing.

Looking forward to: Our next ultrasound and anatomy scan... not until July 8! We are also leaving later this week for a mini vacay with my parents to Myrtle Beach and Charleston, SC. It should a lot of fun. I've already done the most important thing - map out all the restaurants I want to eat at. Priorities. And I got a new bathing suit that fits my growing, voluptuous body... (TMI?? I'm not used to this many curves!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Off the Press... [Chicken Bacon Bleu Panini]

So I totally forgot to post a panini recipe last Thursday... whoops. I'm sure you were all waiting with bated breath and were very  disappointed. Well, never fear, because I've got a fabulous panini recipe tonight! Tangy bleu cheese and salty bacon come together to form a delectable sandwich. It comes from the panini cookbook I received for Christmas, 200 Best Panini Recipes  (thanks Mom!) . The  Chicken Bacon Bleu panini :   grilled chicken, crisp bacon, and bleu cheese on sourdough with a spread of barbecue sauce and sliced red onion. I had never thought of putting bleu cheese on a panini before I saw this recipe. I feared there wouldn't be enough ooey gooey cheese! But bleu cheese actually melts pretty nicely. It's no Velveeta, but it added a great tang to the sandwich.  First, spread the bottom piece of bread with a bit of barbecue sauce, and top with some grilled chicken. I actually used my panini press to grill my chicken for the first time, and it wa

The Arrival of Something New...

Woo hoo for the last Friday of the school year! And only one more day of school next week. (And then a couple teacher workshops...) Another reason to be excited? Our fridge came today!! Isn't she a beauty? It is so nice to have a fridge again. You don't realize how much you miss a full-size refrigerator until you go a couple weeks without it. A bit bare... but that can be solved easily. Bottom-drawer freezer, containing the essentials: moose tracks & Diet Dew trying to get cold asap. Anyways, I'm just popping in to share my beautiful new appliance. The baking monster has taken over, and I'm in the midst of making 150 cupcakes for a graduation party tomorrow.  First big baking project in the new kitchen! I'm loving all the counter space. Mmm... chocolate buttercream! Making good use of the baking nook! :) Adios!

Boston Marathon, week #3

Last week was a great week for training - lots of easy runs, a V02-max workout, and my first long run that actually felt 'long'.  The goal was to get in 50-55 miles, and I ended up with 56ish, so right on target. Saturday's long run was glorious ! Temps in the 50's in January (!) makes me a very happy runner. I headed out for 16-17 miles and ended up with almost 18. And I remembered to bring fuel!  I tried out the blueberry-pomegranate Gu chomps, and they weren't my favorite. I ate one every 2 miles once I hit the 8-mile mark and they left a strange aftertaste. Pretty much as soon as the aftertaste went away, it would be time to eat one again. I'm thinking I will try something else next time.  This was the week of the 8's... what a monotonous bar graph. I'll try better next week to make it a little more exciting. Weekly Rundown 1.7.2013-1.13.2013 Mon - 8.2 miles easy Tues - 8.3 miles easy Wed - 4x1200m @ 4:29 (4:32, 4:31, 4:31, 4:34);