Skip to main content

27 weeks + hello 3rd trimester!

Welp, I'm officially in the third trimester. And officially feeling very pregnant. My belly feels huuuge... and everyday I wonder how it can possibly get any bigger. But I know it will... we still have 13 weeks to go! Yikes. The best part is when I'm working and I get random baking ingredients smeared all over my belly without even noticing it. Good thing I usually wear old t-shirts.

Because everybody needs to see a shot of my belly from above. Yea right.
Poppyseed has turned into such a wiggle worm this week. He is constantly moving and squirming around! I can even feel it when I wake up in the middle of the night... I'm wondering if this child ever sleeps. (Hopefully he will when he's outside my belly, or we're in for a rude awakening.)

Dressed up for a dinner out with my Business Man on Saturday night.
This week was actually a pretty low-key week... just lots of work. Sara's Sweets has been crazy busy, which is great! However it's not so great for my energy levels. 11-12 hour days on my feet really leave me zonked, and I've spent way too many evenings laid up on the couch. I just keep telling myself it's only temporary. (Because I am not ready to give up the cupcake orders! Ha.) We had a lot of fun with Shark Week cupcakes last week, and I'm doing fair-themed cupcakes this week for the county fair. (Funnel Cake, anyone!?)

Sharks took over the cupcake counter!
Running and I have been getting along pretty well this week. I've discovered that I feel the best with 3 runs a week, and then 2 days of elliptical or walking. I even ran 7 miles on Sunday! With my old running buds! It felt so good to be back out there in the morning chatting away... almost felt like my old self for an hour. My goal is to run waddle the Pumpkin Festival 10km on September 13 when I am visiting home that weekend. My college girlfriends are coming to visit as well, and we are all running it! I think I will be able to make it... it's only 3.5 weeks away. I am hoping one of them will have pity on me and run my slow pace. ;)

Still rockin' the Gabriella maternity belt for running. And also when I work the long days in the kitchen. It does wonders for my hip and back pain!

27 Weeks - The Facts

Poppyseed's size: A head of cauliflower! Which is making me crave a dish my mom used to make... she would just steam a head of cauliflower in the microwave and melt several slices of American cheese over the top. I can still remember peeling off all that oozy melty cheese. Yum.

Sleep: Ehhhh. It's been better. I started having this new sensation at night, where I get this pinching/tingling feeling in both my hips, no matter what side I'm lying on. It makes it really hard to fall asleep.

Movement: Tons! Love it!

Running: 16 miles split up over 3 runs. Also, two elliptical workouts and a couple short walks.

Cravings: Nothing is really standing out. Cheese. I've been making a quesadilla with tons of cheese almost every day... hits the spot.

Looking forward to: (Not pregnancy related), but PUMPKIN! Ha. I make myself wait til Labor Day every year, but I have been wanting pumpkin food so bad! Fortunately, Labor Day is early this year.

Comments

Meghan said…
Feel ya on the pumpkin friend :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Off the Press... [Chicken Bacon Bleu Panini]

So I totally forgot to post a panini recipe last Thursday... whoops. I'm sure you were all waiting with bated breath and were very  disappointed. Well, never fear, because I've got a fabulous panini recipe tonight! Tangy bleu cheese and salty bacon come together to form a delectable sandwich. It comes from the panini cookbook I received for Christmas, 200 Best Panini Recipes  (thanks Mom!) . The  Chicken Bacon Bleu panini :   grilled chicken, crisp bacon, and bleu cheese on sourdough with a spread of barbecue sauce and sliced red onion. I had never thought of putting bleu cheese on a panini before I saw this recipe. I feared there wouldn't be enough ooey gooey cheese! But bleu cheese actually melts pretty nicely. It's no Velveeta, but it added a great tang to the sandwich.  First, spread the bottom piece of bread with a bit of barbecue sauce, and top with some grilled chicken. I actually used my panini press to grill my chicken for the first time, and it wa

The Arrival of Something New...

Woo hoo for the last Friday of the school year! And only one more day of school next week. (And then a couple teacher workshops...) Another reason to be excited? Our fridge came today!! Isn't she a beauty? It is so nice to have a fridge again. You don't realize how much you miss a full-size refrigerator until you go a couple weeks without it. A bit bare... but that can be solved easily. Bottom-drawer freezer, containing the essentials: moose tracks & Diet Dew trying to get cold asap. Anyways, I'm just popping in to share my beautiful new appliance. The baking monster has taken over, and I'm in the midst of making 150 cupcakes for a graduation party tomorrow.  First big baking project in the new kitchen! I'm loving all the counter space. Mmm... chocolate buttercream! Making good use of the baking nook! :) Adios!

Boston Marathon, week #3

Last week was a great week for training - lots of easy runs, a V02-max workout, and my first long run that actually felt 'long'.  The goal was to get in 50-55 miles, and I ended up with 56ish, so right on target. Saturday's long run was glorious ! Temps in the 50's in January (!) makes me a very happy runner. I headed out for 16-17 miles and ended up with almost 18. And I remembered to bring fuel!  I tried out the blueberry-pomegranate Gu chomps, and they weren't my favorite. I ate one every 2 miles once I hit the 8-mile mark and they left a strange aftertaste. Pretty much as soon as the aftertaste went away, it would be time to eat one again. I'm thinking I will try something else next time.  This was the week of the 8's... what a monotonous bar graph. I'll try better next week to make it a little more exciting. Weekly Rundown 1.7.2013-1.13.2013 Mon - 8.2 miles easy Tues - 8.3 miles easy Wed - 4x1200m @ 4:29 (4:32, 4:31, 4:31, 4:34);